“You are the light of the world…let your light shine."
St Mary's School Vision
St Mary's Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School provides education based on the principles and practices of the Church of England.
We work in partnership with home and church to serve and nurture all children and adults in our care. Our Christian ethos and values are at the heart of everything we do, so that everyone in our community can reach their full potential and is able to flourish for life in all its fullness.
We will achieve our vision by:
- Promoting and embedding our Christian Values through all aspects of school life; our learning, our teaching and our support of our children as they develop and learn the skills of life
- Providing a safe and healthy school environment where children can learn new things and embrace challenge, knowing that they can learn from their mistakes
- Respecting every member of the school community encouraging, valuing and celebrating individual skills and talents
- Encouraging every individual to take responsibility for their learning, personal development and their actions
- Challenging everyone to strive to do their best at all times
- Providing a creative, inspiring and interactive learning environment to challenge and enthuse the children and to make learning fun
- Ensuring school resources are used effectively to support children’s learning
- Collaborating fully within and between all members of the community – pupils, parents, staff, governors, church members, other schools and the local community
- Sharing and embedding our vision and ensuring that we are forward looking and being flexible to meet the ever changing needs of our society.
Christian Values underpin all aspects of the school. These include: