We expect all members of the school community to be respectful towards others regardless of their gender, ethnicity etc.
Children are encouraged to understand and appreciate the wide range of cultural influences that have shaped their own heritage and that of others.
- Through our projects, children learn about how the past has influenced the present and how actions today will influence the future e.g. history based topics such as Brunel.
- The school takes part in national events that mark cultural heritage, i.e. Remembrance Day.
Children are willing to participate in and respond positively to artistic, musical, sporting and cultural opportunities.
- There are a range of sporting activities during and after school which are enthusiastically received.
- As part of Somerset PE Association, there are plenty of opportunities for inter-school competitions and trying new sports.
- The curriculum provides artistic opportunities and there is always a display of children’s artwork in communal areas of the school to celebrate and inspire.
- A wide range of trips and visitors teach the children about public institutions and services e.g. fire, police and ambulances.